We are seeking a person who is flexible, diligent, technically motivated and committed to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction to work in our machining department. You will need to be equipped to handle a fast-paced environment and to work independently, as well as part of a team, programming and operating high precision CNC machinery.
Our machine shop has CNC Lathes, 3 to 6 Axis CNC Mills, Mill/Turn machines, 5-Axis Fast Hole EDM, Wire EDMs, Sinker EDMs and Surface Grinders.
Aerodyn Engineering Inc. offers a competitive wage, regular overtime opportunities, paid holidays and vacation and health and life insurance benefits.
Key responsibilities & duties
Your responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- reading blueprints or job orders to obtain product specifications (dimensions and tolerances)
- positioning and securing work pieces to holding devices, machine tables, chucks, centers or fixtures
- working with stainless and high temp alloys HastX, Inconel, 17-4 etc.
- setting specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut, in accordance with product specifications and tooling instructions
- observing operation and verifying conformance of machined work pieces to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, bore gages, pins and micrometers
- adhering to safety rules, manufacturing / quality procedures and company policies
- maintaining a clean and organized work area.
The successful candidate will:
- be well organized and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- be computer literate with good written and oral communication skills (English)
Academic qualifications and work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- G&M code programming helpful
- Mastercam helpful, but not necessary
The opportunity to develop skills through in-house training, at other Aerodyn facilities globally and through recognized training sources, will be available where necessary.