We are seeking a person who is flexible, diligent, technically motivated, and committed to delivering high quality results to our customers and internal resources. This position will be responsible for taking a concept or drawing and creating tool paths for prototype or production for 34 machining centers (CNC Lathe, Mill, EDM, etc.) and other related tasks for gas turbine engines and similar hardware.
1st Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 7am
2nd Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 4pm, shift premium differential is available for this shift.
Alternate Shift: Alternate and Flexible shifts available for 2nd and 3rd shift positions
- Company paid medical insurance, with health savings account contributions monthly.
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary insurance such as dental, vision, and life/disability
- Paid Time Off
Key responsibilities & duties
Your responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Create and revise CAD/CAM programs for the CNC machinery (CNC Lathes, CNC Mills, 5-Axis Machinery, EDM) for maximum machine efficiency.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations and following industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures, including the use of PPE.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Advanced understanding of fixtures, feeds and speeds, depth of cuts and cutting tool selection.
- Demonstrate in machine selection, process development and process troubleshooting with advanced manufacturing hardware.
- Strong understanding of cycle time reduction, state-of-the-art tooling, gauge design and fixturing methods.
- Good understanding of Geometric dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to interrogate and challenge drawings for manufacturability.
- Interface with all departments to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency is performed.
- Good communicator to enable knowledge transfer and troubleshooting to Operations and Engineering.
- Participate and complete all overtime requirements, including Saturday and Sunday, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Aerodyn management.
Academic qualifications and work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years previous CNC Programming experience preferred
- 3-5 years previous CAD/CAM Experience (Mastercam) preferred
- 3+ years prior experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Mechanical Blue Print Comprehension
- AS9100D or ISO 9001:2015 familiarity
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting customer and management deadlines
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment
- Must be customer-focused and able to work with customers and understand/react to their needs
- Must have high levels of attention to detail
- Must demonstrate the ability to act professionally
- Minimum travel required
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the shift
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time throughout the shift
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office/warehouse to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, move, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
The opportunity to develop skills through in-house training, at other Aerodyn facilities globally and through recognized training sources, will be available where necessary.
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.