Summary: The Manufacturing Project Manager will be an integral member of a dynamic team tasked with managing customer projects and acting as an interface between clients and the manufacturing departments. Candidates will provide day-to-day project leadership and work with engineering and shop personnel to meet quality, budget, and schedule requirements. Candidates will need to have experience in machining and/or manufacturing engineering, assembly and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Read blueprints and job orders to obtain product specifications (dimensions and tolerances).
2) Positions and secures work pieces to holding devices, machine tables, chucks, centers or fixtures.
3) Work with stainless and high temp alloys HastX, Inconel, 17-4 etc.
4) Ability to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut in accordance with material specifications and tooling guidelines.
5) Observes operation and verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, bore gauges, pins, and micrometers.
6) Adhere to safety rules, manufacturing / quality procedures, and company policies.
7) Maintain a clean and organized work area.
8) Focused on future customer needs and initiates potential product development projects to gain competitive advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be responsive to the needs of all customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting customer and management deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have high levels of attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to act professionally.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience of machinist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the capabilities/limitations of all conventional/CNC machines and welding equipment.
- G & M code programming and Mastercam preferred.